Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Don't Nobody Care About You Ringo Starr


Another one of my heroes has taken a turn toward the dark side. Out of all of the people/entertainers I've idolized, this one hurts, the mostest. In case you haven't heard, Ringo Starr will no longer be signing autographs and the assorted junk people have been sending him in the past 210 years. I guess the one question is why. Certainly Starr is a long way from his mop-top days so this point the mail can't be coming at a fever pitch. Also since he has been doing so long, and clearly with devotion, why stop now? Starr took the time out to speak his mind on a video clip.




Kill that noise fool...



Ain't he something? Carrying on like he's Al Green. If Ringo Starr signed something of mine, I'd totally remove it. Seriously! This is a slap in the face to all of his fans who want their fake Beatles memorabilia signed by someone who drove Pete Best to a life of obscurity.

Verdict: Shut Up Ringo


More Unsettling News: It turns out that Starr turned down my offer at being one of my editors. Ok Ringo, suit yourself, but you'll never get a job like this one. I' m a tough but fair boss too!



Peace and love my Aunt Fannie!

4 comments:

Malcolm said...

I was really disappointed when I saw this clip last week. If Ringo's plea was a bid for attention, he got it... only not the kind he probably wanted.

You mentioned that Ringo drove Pete Best to a life of obscurity. Who the hell is Pete Best??

Unknown said...

I was disappointed too, the very idea. Ringo's always struck me as a bit corny anyway.

Poor Pete Best... He was the Beatles first drummer. He was called the "best looking member" the girls supposedly loved him. Best got the boot right before they hit big. The story is a bit sad--but not as sad as that ridiculous video heh heh...

Malcolm said...

My question where I asked who was Pete Best was my feeble attempt at humor. Because you said that Ringo drove him to obscurity, I thought I'd pretend that I didn't know who he was. I should have used some kind of symbol or something to let you know that I was joking. A couple of years ago there was a PBS special about Pete Best which was pretty interesting. From what I've read, he really got a raw deal from the other Beatles.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry Malcolm :) Well, I feel stupid heh heh... He sure did get a raw deal from the Beatles. I saw him through the years and I don't think he really got over it.