Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Kind of Watching It TV: Reality BS

So much junk on TV, so little time. Here's a few shows I'm going to have nightmares about...


Armed and Dangerous- I'm shocked by our American public. I for one will not let the cancellation of this show go without mention. I guess we've been too busy with our Y2K parties and the Bicentennial to be bothered. The premise of this was amazing. Armed and Dangerous followed the exploits of five celebrities putting away their revolting hedonism to become cops in Muncie, Indiana.

It Started Out So Promising: Yes it did. This was a tasteful show, it seemed to be carving out its own niche even with loose cannons like Jack Osbourne and Wee Man. The sad fact is that American Idol crushed this in the ratings and that was all she wrote.

The Best Cops: The best one of course was Erik Estrada. He had a commanding presence, you'd think he actually had been a cop or at least played one years ago or something. Good news, Estrada is planning to return to Muncie and work as a cop.

My Take: Goody






I'd love to see Erik Estrada tasered everyday!











Finally got a chance to see Egotrip's (White) Rapper Show. My parole officer had this playing on his television set. The stolid host of this potential meltdown is MC Serch from 3rd Bass. The deal is simple here, white rappers go through an often silly competitions to be the winner. The prize is of course monetary but you know, I think just being under Serch's tutelage is good enough. He's a great guy.





My True Feelings About Serch: Get a load of this guy. I've noticed a little too much bass and tone in Serch's dismissals of the losing contestants. Yep, I think he enjoys yelling at folks. Here's something for you Serch: Step Off!!!!


Notes: I told Serch to "Step off."












Grease-You're The One That I Want- This is lethal. NBC had the bright idea to search all over to find a Sandy and Danny from Grease. You know what? I have no idea if they need a Kenickie but every time I've turned to this I'm seeing the world's worst auditions. And really if they do find the best people left standing, who cares? It's not like they're going to do the movie again.








The Biggest Mistake of All: The vulgar Billy Bush presides over this disaster. The strangest thing is that this show is so craptastic even he can't feign enthusiasm. Now that's sick...

11 comments:

Shawn said...

It was dumb ass hell to pit A&D against AI. What was CBS thinking? With that being said, A&D always came off to me as a cable show when I first saw the previews. I think its beginnings shoulda originated at VH-1 from jump. Speaking of which, I think I forgot to tune into the A&D marathon that was supposed to air on VH-1. Shoot!

I watched the 1st episode and the show was much better than I anticipated. I was completely turned off by the concept initially. A buddy of mine insisted that I check it out and to my surprised I found myself being entertained. Latoya had me on the floor crying when she talked about eating at "Spago and Mr Chow's every night" and how she needed a linen cloth on the table before she could dine. I was done!


The white rapper show is HILARIOUS. The challenges are rather silly. Serch does put a little extra on it when he picks off one contestant for dismissal. "Time for you to STEP OFF!" LOL! I betcha he was sitting around thinking I need a strong tag line ala the donald's "you're fired" on Apprentice.

You forgot to mention his two other "irkable" trademark expressions. The first, the "woop woop" call used to gather his charges. The second, "I keep telling yall 'THIS AIN'T A GAME!'" LOL! Love it!

Ok, what the fuck is up with John Brown's left eye man? The perpetual left cock eye raised 'brow tandem is freaky.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the grease thing. I know nothing of the Billy Bush show.

Unknown said...

I missed that A&D marathom too Shawn. I agree, CBS wasn't the place for that show. LaToya's an odd bird LOL. She's totally full of it but really seems to be a nice spirit. That being said, I'm glad the gun is out of her hands...

I loved Serch's first dismissal of that geeky kid who didn't even write anything. That was classic, Serch was just so angry. I was trying to forget those expressions.

I've got to laugh about him calling people old-school, I mean--really.

John Brown himself is freaky, he just is. What about that Ghetto Revival stuff. Revive what? I've got to see him get dismissed heh heh...

Rob! said...

GREASE- I don't get this. They have OK singers and OK dancers...but what about the acting? Hello? It's a musical play. There's dialog! I'll be interested to see how the actual Broadway production fares.

Shawn said...

Yes, yes, yea, Serch's first dismissal was classic. I was so not ready for him to start barking out "STEP OFF!" Completely caught me offguard.

His old-school buddies are a mess. WTF was up with his wack ass buddy Lord Jamar http://www.vibe.com/music/revolutions/images/2006/06/lord_jamar1_rev.jpg in his segment? Damn! If he didn't want to be there then he shouldn't agreed to appear on the show. Ya know?

Anyhoo, John Brown and his ghetto revival is just ridiculous. He sounds like a friggin' moron. Ok, and his other catchphrase "hallejuah holla back" is just as retarded. He swear he 'be' icing his cake when ends his most poignant thoughts with that crap. I just want dude to go away. Hopefully, his dismissal segment is classic. Ooo, I can't wait.

Shawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn said...

and I forgot to add this one to the list of Serchisms: "Someone's about to get BAKED!" Hee hee hee hee!

Unknown said...

Rob, that production isn't probably going to be that good. I caught the show again with presumedly the "finalists" and they all were dreadful. It's all confusing, are they doing the film again, the play, etc. It's a mess considering how well the original play and that movie went.

Shawn, I missed that one catchphrase, but I did hear him go "hoo hoo hoo" or something. Serch is out of his mind...I was probably most surprised about the "Step off" because it's really old-school. I keep forgetting to look for that original clip...

I did see Lord Jamar's antics again. He really didn't have to show up if he was going to be like that. Really, I'm more stunned that there's a link between Serch, 3rd Base and Brand Nubian, I don't remember that during their respective chart runs--and neither does Serch LOL.


I did enjoy seeing Lord Jamar crack on John Brown's "Ghetto Revival" BS. The details of his "plan" are sketchy and he's full of hot air. And really, I do think a lot of this is a joke to him.

Rob! said...

Jason, you are right-the show is probably going to be dreadful. I bet you that Danny Zuko will be Austin (and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a plant in this whole thing to begin with.)

Hey, is anyone watching the Grammys tonight? I'm sure the awards will be bogus as usual, but the performances are usually good.

Here are my predicitions:

http://bertalee.blogspot.com/2007/02/grammy-grammy-grammy-tonight-is-night.html

Unknown said...

Rob, I tried to watch that Grease show but my eyes glazed over. I couldn't believe that those people were left at this stage of the game. I'm going to check out those predictions :)

Shawn said...

I missed the A&F marathon again. Drats!

Unknown said...

I missed it too then again I don't know if I can stand that much Ponch LOL. Ahh, who am I kidding...