Friday, January 05, 2007

Commercial Nightmares

Oh hi. It seems that I've actually regressed, I've getting scared of infomercials and commercials. My nerves are so fragile--here's a few of the main offenders.


Wow, she's really going through with that Bedazzling thing, huh? I have to admit I thought Tana was very cute during her season on the Apprentice. Now she's apparently gone over to the cheesy side full time with this old-timey and pointless device. The Bedazzler, the very idea is preposterous. Really, if you think you need studs on your clothes and you aren't, like, time-travelling--you may have some problems.


Brings back memories. I had to put Donald in a Full Nelson that afternoon. What's bad? The very idea of this commercial. Donald Trump's now trying to get people like me to lose their money and pay for get-rich scheme. I can see it now, I buy the DVD, the 8 track and the facts and fotos --and get big nothing in return. Yeah right. Donald's host in this is the lovely Anne Marie Howard and she propped him up the whole time...




This commercial is completely unsettling. First off, Bobby Rydell is in it, 'nuff said. Oh and is this thing filled with revisionist history. Everything is so squeaky clean, you'd think people didn't even screw back then. They did--to these songs.







Bobby Rydell at my blog's New Year's Eve gala...















There's that Cingular commercial. This is pretty normal stuff--until you really look at the decor in these fake houses. What is going on? Check out that guy's "entertainment center." Forget about retro, this is straight-up old-timey




His love interest's home isn't any better. Really, what is going on, I haven't seen fixtures like that in many a moon. Heh, many a moon--wow, I'm so old...








The basket is where he keeps his crack cocaine...

I know everyone has seen this dreadful hunk of metal n' rubber advertised about at 3AM. It's called the Hoveround and I've got to say what a dream machine that is. It's not a wheelchair, and not a scooter--it's a whooter.

The Annoyance Factor: In the commercial the always annoying "You Made Me Love You" is the "theme" music. How disgusting.


Oh no! My whooter!

3 comments:

Rob! said...

Have you seen the commercial for making your own 'Viral Videos?'

At first I thought it was a joke-like an Energizer commercial, but it's not.

I think the company is called Ziddio or something like that.

Egads.

Shawn said...

Wait one minute. I will not let you drag Tana and the bedazzler down. Studded shirts are still in fashion. I hate to break it to ya. LOL!

Ok, did you see the episode where the Tana goes on the wild goose chase for her beloved "bedazzler?" She's talking to sales assoc. at whichever store and she says, "Oh no! You don't have the Bedazzler!!!!" in that Tana whiny voice? Jason, I hollered. I think it brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard.

I had to turn away from The Donald.

Good eye for detail in that Cingular commercial. I never woulda noticed that outdated stereo in the guys background. Just for fun, you should find out which advertising agency produced the commercial and send them screencaps of each room's decor. Tell 'em you can't take the ad seriously when it looks like it was shot in the early 80s.

I don't know if I've seen ads for the whooter.

Unknown said...

Shawn, it's been quite a while since studded shirts were in fashion. Wait! They never were in fashion LOL. Yep, that's Tana's deal now--but she was really talented.

I saw that Tana asking for the bedazzler, they didn't have it and she was actually disappointed. IMO, she should have won that year...

Yeah, that Cingular ad is so odd. That's a good idea about contacting the ad agency. I guess the commercial didwork but that dude looks so ridiculous with that stereo heh heh...