Monday, October 09, 2006

Returning Non-Favorite Shows...

Cold Case- I lost this show somewhere along the line. I think it's the setup. You know, you have a long forgotten crime, it's all wrapped up in 60 minutes as the perp's led away in cuffs as "Jackie Blue" plays in the background. Then again, I was pretty pissed when Sarah Joy Brown was hustled off the show. In any event, our Lily is dating this year. That's exciting...







The Ghost Whisperer- They couldn't leave well enough alone, I knew Aisha Tyler was going to leave. I think part of Jennifer Love Hewitt doesn't want to be liked, Tyler made her bearable, her character had to perish. Replacing Aisha is Camryn Manheim, that seems fair...

The Heads Up: I saw an interview with Tyler early this year and she said she was going to be on in some capacity. I knew what that meant: Ghost.





House MD- I don't know what happened, this show lost me somehow. Maybe I'll watch again. For me the cases have been totally uninteresting, the scripts weak and I'm tired of looking at Omar Epps scowling week after week.

The Breaking Point: When a 17 year old girl was flirting with House. Yeah, a grouchy dude with a cane is what all the girls chat about on MySpace. Groan...




ER- I caught the first episodes this season and the show is actually good again. John Stamos has been added to the cast. Good for him, he's been trying to get on this show since the FBI was on.

An Idiot's Request: Would it hurt for George Clooney do to a cameo appearance? It's not like his career has gone anywhere...






Desperate Housewives- You know, whenever they say a show is "back" it never really is. Of course the ratings have improved, but I don't really care anymore. It's hard to get worked up over a show that squandered the talents of Alfre Woodward and has Dougray Scott on it.

Tired Of It: That's all.





Close To Home- This was supposed to be Jennifer Finnigan's show. After a whole season of having Kimberly Elise act circles around her, this has turned into an ensemble. D' Shawn Hardell from Beverly Hills 90210, Jag and Falsone from Homicide have joined the cast.






A Warning: This guy's sneaky, this mess is going to be the David James Elliot Show before you know it...

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Now that I'm starting to enjoy watching tv again I get so frustrated with the crap they ram down our throat.

I was a fan of Cold Case the 1st season's first 4 episodes and then bam it hit me. What the hell is this crap? Why does chickadee have the same expression on her face throughout each episode? Why should I like the lead character? Do I have reason? Umm...naw...not really. People sure have some good ass memories...yea right! No one always wins so why does she score a victory each win?

One thing I hate about crime/cop dramas is that evil can be discovered, fought and subdued in 50 minutes each week. Does the stuff that happens in the middle really matter if you we know how its gonna begin and conclude each week?

Never watched any of the other shows you mentioned.

Didn't you get the memo Jason. GC's a big movie star/movie producer. ;-)

Unknown said...

Shawn, I think the Lily's problem on Cold Case is Botox, that same expression is getting tiresome to look at week after week.

For me, the Cold Case flashbacks aren't as well thought out as they initially were. The deal breaker had to be that episode where only Bruce Springsteen music was used. The story was horrendous...

The crime/cop dramas do seem even more formulaic, I don't know why. I used to love Homicide and Boomtown. There were more shades of gray, interesting and flawed characters, but nothing on now is close to that for me...

I still can't believe George Clooney has done so well for himself. Still that's no excuse not to return to ER heh heh...