Sunday, October 22, 2006

Goodbye Ford Taurus and Good Riddance

I got some sad news, Ford is going to stop producing the Taurus. There's only one thing to say to that: What took em' so long? I've had a ton of bad experiences with this vehicle so don't expect me to get out the crying towel over this. There's only one thing to say: Buenos Noches!





It was in a Ford Taurus where Mel Gibson embarked on his career-threatening night of debauchery. In fact, Mel called me from it and said, "Jason, I'm going to cut loose and drink again--and I'm in my Taurus!" Sadly I couldn't catch up with Mel and we all know what happened next...





Little Richard is a big fan of the Ford Taurus. You know what else he likes? Kidnapping people. I was hitchhiking and saw Little Richard, he waved, stopped--and that's all I remember. Our friendship has never been the same after that...









Now this one's a toughie. I saw my friend Keith Urban driving his Taurus "all crazy." He saw me, put on brakes and said, "Jason, I need dope!" I was sickened, the Taurus is a family car and it wasn't meant for Keith Urban to get his kicks. I called an intervention and hopefully things are back to normal.



An Update: Things aren't back to normal. There's a pic of Keith all zoned out and chasing after me...

2 comments:

Steve said...

I rented a Taurus during a recent business trip to Minneapolis. I was wholly underwhelmed. It was as if I was in a time machine and back in 1994. Where is the sunroof? Where is the CD PLAYER or satellite radio? Where is the ejector kit and cyanide caplets?

When I go on a business trip, I expect nothing but the best. Next time, I'm renting a Malibu. >:-(

Unknown said...

Steve I think they're working on the ejector kit for the new Mustang.

Underwhelmed is a good word, I agree. In fact, I'm amazed at the newer Taurus. Certainly the earlier version didn't set the world on fire, but I understood it. The newer design and keeping it for years, totally odd...