Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Reviewed: Lindsay Lohan's Proactiv Commercial




This strikes me as one of the oddest things I've ever seen. It's not the fact that for reasons unknown, Lohan is a "popular celeb." What's so strange about this is that its utterly unneeded. Proactiv has other spokespeople, Lohan's doing other stuff. Why?

As a pitchwoman Lindsay isn't great. She has the show business phoniness of a much, much older woman, yet with no maturity or knowing behind it. I don't know about her acne, don't know if she's cured and I don't care.


"Zits are the least of her worries, isn't that right Nathan?"


In any event, as an actress, I found Lindsay Lohan's real-life plight with acne totally unbelievable. In fact, going by the celebrity scale, Lindsay's no where near the freak show horror of Alicia Keys or Kelly Clarkson. Really? I don't think Lindsay Lohan even has acne. She probably just needed money for whatever she's clearly doing.






Commercial C+
Believability D+
Sobriety Meter: Barely Sober
Grade: Bad and Embarrassing

2 comments:

Shawn said...

i'm back on blogger by the way stranger.

Proactiv is trying to grab the younger demographic for sure. Not to mention she's always in the headlines. Sounds like a win-win for both parties. She looks sane again, they make cash.

I love hearing raspy voiced women talk to I'll sheepishly admit that the commercial didn't bother me.

Thank god she wasn't sober. Have you listened to the over the pitch some celebs use for selling products? I mean Suzanne Somers is just too damn happy for me. LOL

Unknown said...

Hey Shawn!

Yeah I guess Lindsay's demo is at the epicenter of zits and stuff. She's not a bad case, I loved when they showed that pic of that one zit. The horrors!

I love hearing raspy voiced women too so that part was fun. Whatever Suzanne Somers sells, she's over the top. Marie Osmond's bad too...