Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Reviewed: Lindsay Lohan's Proactiv Commercial




This strikes me as one of the oddest things I've ever seen. It's not the fact that for reasons unknown, Lohan is a "popular celeb." What's so strange about this is that its utterly unneeded. Proactiv has other spokespeople, Lohan's doing other stuff. Why?

As a pitchwoman Lindsay isn't great. She has the show business phoniness of a much, much older woman, yet with no maturity or knowing behind it. I don't know about her acne, don't know if she's cured and I don't care.


"Zits are the least of her worries, isn't that right Nathan?"


In any event, as an actress, I found Lindsay Lohan's real-life plight with acne totally unbelievable. In fact, going by the celebrity scale, Lindsay's no where near the freak show horror of Alicia Keys or Kelly Clarkson. Really? I don't think Lindsay Lohan even has acne. She probably just needed money for whatever she's clearly doing.






Commercial C+
Believability D+
Sobriety Meter: Barely Sober
Grade: Bad and Embarrassing
Post a Comment