Monday, August 28, 2006

Pop Culture Idiot: Emmy Coverage

Guess what. My furlough coincided with the Emmys and I was able to attend. All and all, I'd give the show a B-. I don't really like Conan O' Brian as a host, I don't like the Emmys and no one I really like was even nominated. In short, the show was great!


There's Kareem Abdul Jabber. Is it just me or has he gotten taller? And or where's Kurt Rambis?














It sure was nice to see Dick Clark again. Who's that next to him?












Seeing Barry Manilow rattled my already fragile nerves and my tribute didn't go as well as planned...











Denied! Kevin James's Emmy nomination had a lot of folks wondering if the new Emmy system was f'ed up. It is, but the question is moot. James got embarrassed as it was business as usual when Tony Shaloub won for "Monk" again...












Please, tell me that's not an ascot. Perhaps it's a shirt with a busy print. In any event, Jeremy Piven won something and that's going to make him even more annoying.













The Aaron Spelling Tribute was nice. Well really, it was a bit uncomfortable since Tori Spelling wasn't even seated next to her family. What's good is that the best lineup of Charlie's Angels showed up...







Sadly, I think Kiefer Sutherland's win is going to be the start of another lost weekend...

No comments: