Saturday, June 10, 2006

I Missed Meredith Vieira's Goodbye

Wouldn't you know it... I've followed Meredith Vieira's career since she was on CBS's West 57th and I wanted to see this send-off. I saw a little bit of it before the cable went out, darn. But then again maybe its best, perhaps I couldn't take this so-long, after all I'm still bummed out Katie Couric. Do you remember when she was Katherine? I do...

On Vieira's last show I did see an unfunny bit with perennial windbag Kelsey Grammar. Yeah, why him--oh yeah, that's right he was a cast member on the 98-99 season. In order to sheathe their increasing disdain for Vieira they turned her goodbye into a roast. Television audiences were treated with a staggering array of annoying talent like Mario Cantone, Joan Rivers, Mario Cantone doing Joan Rivers. The only thing missing was Rip Taylor sans a toupee and with a bucket of snakes.

My Technical Difficulties:
That was about it for me. I did hear that Star Jones Reynolds and Elisabeth Hasselbeck didn't have a lot to say. Hopefully they can exit soon too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I am counting down to the days until Star and Elisabeth pack up their bibles and attitudes and leave!

Anonymous said...

Why did I watch Ellen last week and she asked Wanda Sykes if the reports were true that Wanda would be replacing Meredith? Wanda's reaction was priceless.

I'mma sic Star on you if you continue this campaign of hatred. :-)

Unknown said...

Rob, at this point I'm actually fantasizing about Star and or Elisabeth's goodbye speeches. I've probably said that before, it's certainly a diary entry--it bares mentioning again.

Shawn, I didn't see that but I know it was hilarious. Wanda Sykes would have been better but who in their right mind would want sign up for that disaster area. LOL@ Campaign of hatred. That's excatly what it is--they are so annoying.