Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol: Finale Recap

Good news, I got a chance to see the American Idol finale, B- stuff all the way. Here's my recap...



So this is the winner huh? It's going to be fun seeing American Idol trying to reign that in. Taylor Hicks is a talented singer but make no bones about it, he's insane. He can pretty much stop the hobo/jumping freight trains act too, his dad's a doctor. Soul Patrol!








America made Katharine McPhee's grandma cry! Former Idol contestant Tamyra Gray consoles Kat's nanna. Really, Gray's a pretty young lady, there's got to be more going on than coasting on these AI fumes. What is she now? A good-will ambassador or something? Oh come on...








Clay Aiken appeared to show the folks how it's done. Well, I think that's him. Got to say he looks a wee bit different like he's been on Extreme Makeover: Face Edition. Let's hope it's just a case of heavy makeup and weird hair, who wants to see that mug "remixed."











Live From Madame Tussaudes...Prince made a surprise appearance at the finale. He was supposed to be a guest earlier in the season but didn't want to deal with the kids. You know what's worse? Talking to Ryan Seacrest.









Look, it's Katharine McPhee. Despite her often fake smiles, you know she has to be burning, losing to that oddly gray freak show. Really, McPhee lost because she's a streaky singer and her performances weren't that great in the final two competition.











The Tears of a Clown when everyone's around. I'd love to know what turned David Hasselhoff into a puddle of goo. Reportedly Hasselhoff started to bawl when Gray Davis was crowned the winner of this monstrosity. Just a note, when David Hasselhoff cries tears of joy, I do too. Excuse me, we're just so close...




Thanks to Raven 56706 at DVD Talk for my new screen saver...


You know it's an odd night when Mary J. Blige actually stays in tune. As for Elliott Yamin's gesture? Oh please...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how much it pains to know I will probably never escape this show in my lifetime?

It will just keep going and going and going...

Unknown said...

Donny isn't that the truth. I can't see anything stopping this show and after this season, I wouldn't mind seeing this go off the air. Ha, never! LOL.

Anonymous said...

did you see that show, So You Think You Can Dance? Absolutely terrible.

Unknown said...

Elle I'm not shocked about that ha! I think I saw some of it last year--it was awful it was so bad it wasn't even good bad TV LOL.

Anonymous said...

Mary J Blige in tune? Please! I didn't see the performance but I know that tone deaf chick couldn't possibly sing in the correct key.

Anonymous said...

funny stuff about Ryan Seacrest. And why does he have a job? Have you ever seen Kathy Griffin's stand-up act where she talks about her run-in with Seacrest? Hilarious!

who wants to see that mug "remixed." LOL!

Unknown said...

Mary J. Blige performances are a struggle. I find it amazing people applauding that stuff like she's doing something, she's not.


I don't know why Ryan has a job but I read in the Rolling Stone where Merv Griffin "discovered" him. Something else to blame Merv Griffin for...

I really hope Clay didn't have plastic surgery, really LOL.