Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"Interesting" TV Info!

Sorry I've been a gloomy gus, me and Mr. Clean had a falling out. Just a note, I do not want to hear from him, he can see me--in court! In any event, there's a ton of stuff people don't seem to care about. Guess what, I do--I'm such a maverick...

Case Closed...


Conviction: Unlike ER, Conviction doesn't seem to be coming back. You don't have to be Sylvia Browne to call that one. For this episode, two hours were smashed together. For it's last entry, Conviction served up some Courthouse/Equal Justice type drama. Long short short, two guys ended up waving guns and talking sass to our beloved characters as they held the Courthouse, hostage! Oh, the drama! Viewers not only OD's on Big Dumb Jim Steele, they also saw Eric Balfour's character profess his love for Julianne Nicholson's character, I cried as a result.





Julianne Nicholson, I've got her name scribbled in my Trapper Keeper!


A Promising Beginning, A Shoulder Shrugging Crescendo: This is what Dick Wolf said in the beginning, "...Since 'Conviction' will be a 'charactercedural,' we will be dealing extensively with characters' back stories and personal lives. I am delighted with the extraordinary cast we have assembled, which will give the show depth and emotional intensity."

Me: Phooey...






Ya'll ain't ready for John Leguizamo on network-prime time. He's been a favorite of mine since 1991's Hanging With The Home Boys. John appeared as a guest star (not cast member) during ER's 2005-06. At first, the Victor Clemente character seemed "normal." It was only a matter of time before ER did the obvious and made Leguizamo's character "wild-out." And what a scene it was, it was Vintage Psycho Leguizamo--and it turned into pure comedy.







In a related note, ER did the obvious and killed off Dr. Gallant. You know they've been trying to find a way to do that for at least 4 years. Well, I hope they're satisfied...












During the recent finale of Desperate Housewives, Mike the Plumber, played by James Denton wasn't left in the best of shape. He was walking across the street when he was struck by a vechicle driven by Crazy Kyle MacLachlan. Wow! I'm shocked that his supposedly loyal fan base hasn't said a peep about his plot twist. They probably don't care. But I would, James "Jamie" Denton's been around a long time, and that DH gig is a good one. Well, it's a darn sight better than Denton's whiffs like LA Med and Threat Matrix. Let Denton keep talking about the show's "problems" he'll be on the breadline next to me before he knows it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mom and my roommates were addicted to Conviction - my response: "OMG, not ANOTHER hour long crime/law drama."

Unknown said...

That was my response too Elle :) My problem with this show was that it was so derivative, I've seen it all before on "Courthouse" "Equal Justice" and really a bit of "Grey's Anatomy" too. "Conviction" was just so funny, I'm sorry it's off the air, I got more laughs from it than SNL.