Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Pop Culture Idiot Achiever Of The Minute: Ernie Hudson

There's a guy with a tons of talent, he's a kind man and someone I'd like to salute. His initials are Ernie Hudson. Hudson has carved a great niche for himself as a character actor. If I had a choice, I'd say Ernie does his best work as a professional guy. You know, the warden, the principal and or the counselor. This is Hudson's deal, but there's often a catch. At this point we don't know if Ernie's going to use his powers for good or evil. There's often an overlap--and that's hilarious.


Of course we saw that in the Substitute. Ernie played Principal Claude Rolle. Rolle seemed like he would be an asset to any school system. That is until we saw that he was a revolting criminal letting the Kings of Destruction run the school/asylum. He made Tom Berenger's job that much harder. I remember when I saw that movie I was hoping that Hudson would play variations of that same role. Frankly as bad as he was in the Substitute, I wanted him to escape justice. You know, for the sequels...


I recently saw Hudson's work in the Lifetime Movie, Fighthing The Odds: The Marilyn Gambrill Story. And no Ernie didn't wear a shawl and play Gambrill. The lovely Jami Gertz played the lead role. As for Ernie he played her colleague Perry Beasley. Sadly for me, Hudson played a good character throughout. I've got to say while I like seeing kids excel at their studies, I also like to see Ernie Hudson doing reprehensible things. My order wasn't processed this trip. Hudson as Beasley was a pure gem, offering advice, being a role model and even dancing in a Santa Claus suit. I was sickened...


More trouble for the Substitute, that's a pic of Claude Rolle's twin brother Cedrick...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Power perceived is power achieved.

:-)

Unknown said...

Heh heh how could I forget. There's got to be a MP3 around with him saying that LOL.

Anonymous said...

I remember mr hudson from ghost buster...the silly anthem started playing in my head when i saw his headshot...

Unknown said...

Oh no Elle, now I hear it too heh heh...