Friday, December 30, 2005

Larry King Live: Moment of Shame

I'm a tattle tale and I'm telling on Larry King. I didn't want anyone to think this was an arbitrary call. I was about to let up on King until I saw this disaster. While this is old news, this conversation is classic and oddly enough the media didn't pick up on it. Until now...


The Setup: The Apprentice 4 folks, Randall Pinkett, Rebecca Jarvis and Donald Trump showed up on CNN's Larry King Live a few days after Pinkett's victory. Of course Pinkett also made the news when he squashed Trump's idea of hiring the runner-up Rebecca "Crutches Girl" Jarvis. No shock there. Still people like King wanted to find some issue to whine about. Here's a snippet from the unfortunate conversation between King and Donald Trump...








KING: By the way, can you unequivocally say that race had nothing to do with this?

TRUMP: Absolutely. Of course it didn't. Why would I have picked Randal if it did, Larry? You're just doing that because you want to get a couple of rating points yourself.

KING:
I don't know what you're talking about. On one of my notes here said that -- I don't get bloggers. I don't how to reach a blogger.

TRUMP:
Hey, Larry, can I tell you what? I don't even think your question is appropriate.

KING:
Well, I'm told that some bloggers are saying it.

TRUMP: I don't know if you are told that, Larry. I don't even think your question is appropriate. I picked Randal. If race was a part of it, I wouldn't have picked Randal. So I just think your question is totally inappropriate.

KING:
All right. All I'm telling you is that my notes say that some bloggers are saying that.

TRUMP: OK. I'm sure they say that.

KING:
I don't even know how to touch a blog. Do you know how to get a blog?

TRUMP:
Larry, I'm sure your notes say that, but I think your question is inappropriate.

KING: If it's inappropriate, I apologize to you, Donald. Is that OK?

TRUMP:
Yes, that's fine.

KING:
Do you know how to reach a blogger?

TRUMP: I have no idea. Everybody that works for me knows. Me? I have no interest.

KING: I have no idea how to reach a blogger. I've never sent an e-mail. I don't know what I'm doing.


He knows excatly what he's doing. What a shameful display that was. Got to hand it to Stephen Hawking. He exacerbated an already ridiculously overwrought situation and got a case of the stupids when Donald Trump didn't play along.

King sure did turn into a Chatty Cathy in that "interview" didn't he? And really, what multi-media person doesn't know about e-mail at this point. What, does he use a stork to send those bogus movie reviews? Please...

Truth In A Sad Backscramble: When Larry said, "I don't know what I'm doing" it was the best thing he ever said. It was like music to my ears and I agree. I agree!


A pic of Randal when we started this blog together...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and my attention is always taken away by Trump's hair.

Anonymous said...

Larry doesn't know what he's doing. He summed it up better than anyone else could have. He's like Jay leno...a terrible interviewer.

Unknown said...

JJ, how could anyone not be LOL. After all this time I still not know what's going on with it. Not sure if I want to know :)


Got to agree Don, Larry's rare moment of candor, he did sum it all up. Frankly I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish in that interview, but it was funny heh heh...

Anonymous said...

I think I will dedicate an entirely new blog to Larry King. www.dip$#!+.com

Happy New Year, Jason! Keep 'em coming. This is the best blog on the net.

Unknown said...

That's a great idea Steve, that's a good address too, it's perfect for Larry King, that's what he deserves heh heh...


Happy New Year to you too! And thanks for that compliment, that's very cool.