Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dr. Phil and Match.com: Flirtin' With Disaster




What a revoltin' development. According to the trades and a cringe-worthy commercial, it seems that Dr. Phil is joining the fine folks at Match.com. Goody gumdrops. For his part Dr. Phil has offered a MindFindBind plan that's guaranteed for singles to find one another. Yay Dr. Phil! You know it sounds like a good idea, but there's some things we have to keep in mind. Dr. Phil is right about 60% of the time. Those stats aren't great in "amour." Phil's getting paid for this disaster/excursion. And last but not least, love sucks. Other than that, it sounds great.


The Review: I'm not a full subscriber but I did get a chance to see a little video tease of the product. It's mostly Dr. Phil talking in a casual setting with about 6 or 7 people. No doubt it's the best moments culled from a dreary, mandated get-togethers. As for the man of the hour, he's as blah as ever. In a way, I think it's great that Phil's reheated blarney is given such a nifty presentation. There's some nice fake patter too...


Random Thoughts: I could have sworn Dr. Phil was in cahoots with another online dating deal. As of this writing Phil's has been double dealing with Perfect Match too. Cheater!

A case study for Dr. Phil. I've been an intermittent member of Match.com. Match.com actually sent me an email and said I was undateable. I have action figures, I'm a geek and an idiot. Women just love that...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

undateable...funny!

Unknown said...

Ha, thanks Shawn. Sad thing is that it's true LOL.

Anonymous said...

The thought of Dr. Phil choosing my future mate is nauseating.

TD

Unknown said...

From the looks of it, Dr. Phil's going to analyze, workshop and blather all of the fun out of it. And really at this point, Dr. Phil and happiness are pretty much antithetical. Well hopefully...