Monday, November 07, 2005

Colin Powell's GI Joe

Action figure, real person? Not crazy about any of them at this point...







I've been thinking about Colin Powell. Well not really. He's supposed to write a book and I'm trying to exploit that fact by dredging up an action figure of shame. In 1998 Hasbro issued a Colin Powell GI Joe. In the pics we see that the articulation is striking. If we're totally honest with ourselves we can also say that's it's totally creepy as well. That's the thing about "dolls" they're either pop culture BS or talisman custom made for a B horror film. It's clear where Colin's is in this conversation...


Regardless of political affiliation, the Colin Powell GI Joe is a toy, I mean, action figure to admire. It's made in the "Classic Collection" style, it has a durable design, semi-kung fu grip hands. We don't have to be fashion savvy to see that is a smart looking suit as well. You know, if a GI Joe fan isn't all that sold on Colin they can scrap him and keep his accessories. I think that's dandy...

What I Really Think: Good lord, that's weird looking...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

in japan they have some really weird action figures at toys r us. Like an SS action figure or Hermann Goering. It is disturbing.

Unknown said...

Wow, you know I've seen a few things like that, very unsettling... Who's the audience? Really I don't think I want to know LOL.