Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Favorite Commercial Pitchwomen

You know sometimes you see someone in a commercial and they really catch your eye. That's when a commercial actually works. Here's a few of the ones I like. Would it make me buy the product? Of course not...


This is of course Sabine Ehrenfeld from those Overstock.com commercials. For a site that sells a ton of stuff classified as hooey, what a great ad campaign. Geeks like me across the globe just love looking at her. Why not. A great face, a cool personality and very expressive eyes too. I read an article that wondered if Sabine and her hotness overpowered the product. Nah, I don't think so at all. Overstock.com is such a scintillating business, someone like Ehrenfeld can't help but be dwarfed by its star power...





You know, I wasn't always crazy about Teresa Hill. When she was younger I found her a tad boring, don't know why. During her turn as Eden August on Guiding Light I realized how hot she is. Hill now appears in that Crest Whitestrips commercial, you know the one where she says, "Dr. Stevens, I can explain." Brilliantly delivered. I am a fan.





That's Kristen Wilson. She appeared with Eddie Murphy in that Dr. Doolite movies. She also played Montel Williams's love interest in his 1996 CBS series Matt Waters. I also remember her from a Head and Shoulders commercial. She was a hairdresser and some geek was saying something or other and one of Kristen's lines was, "Save it for the stage Romeo." Hah, I still love that--and I love her. Wow, I'm glad I put that in the version no one can see...




Surfing for pics of the Yoplait Lady. Isn't that what we all do at 3AM? That's Leisha Hailey, she appears on the L Word. Betcha five dollars she's not especially sanguine in that pic. I mostly know her from those Yoplait commercials. What an interesting look, very striking...






I first saw the lovely Nancy Travis on an Excedrin commercial in the late '80s. I was a young man, I liked helping my community at large. And all of my good work gave me a headache. Nancy played a frazzled business woman who said, "I've got a headache this big and it's got Excedrin written all over it." Classic stuff. Here's a shocker, they still make Excedrin.

No comments: