Thursday, August 11, 2005

Mac Davis. Ok...Mac Davis?




Yes that's today big Pop Culture Idiot mystery: How did Mac Davis get on my Google ads portion of my blog. I don't get it. I can understand Fleetwood Mac, Billy Davis Jr. or Jimmy Mack, but Mac Davis?

For those who don't know was the deal is, here's what I remember about Mac Davis. Davis was a country singer signed to Columbia in the '70s. He wrote "In the Ghetto." Due to his "aw shucks" presentation, Davis certainly made the rounds on TV during the variety show era. I don't even have to search the IMDB, Davis also had his own variety show in the '70s as well. Davis also starred in 1979's classic "The North Dallas Forty" with Nick Nolte. Around the same time after a lull in his recording endeavors, Mac signed to Casablanca and released the 1980 hit "It's Hard to Be Humble." Unfortunately Davis also starred with Jackie Gleason in the true snoozer, 1983's "The Sting II."


A Stump The Idiot Moment: I had no idea Mac Davis wrote the Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation" and Presley's 1968 classic, "Memories." Whoa, learn something new everyday...

No comments: