Monday, November 12, 2007

The Writers Strike


Oh hi. I was all ready to have more product but my street team has gone on strike too. Before they left, they took their frustrations out on my diary as some kind of sick "message." They're hitting all the power structures now, first the writers strike, Broadway and now my blog. It's anachkee, or something like that. In any event, here's a few of the highlights and effects from the writer's strike.






Amy Winehouse-SNL Debut Canceled- Isn't that sick. I've been waiting for Winehouse to be on SNL since last winter before she was even well known as a drunk/drugger and was just a great singer. Now I have to have my dreams indefinitely put on hold. It's madness. Why can't the strikers think about me!






Jesse Jackson and WGA president Patric Verrone take a stroll. You know it's some deep doo doo when Jesse comes aboard. I've got to hand it to him, he's brought home hostages, done a lot of good. But with this? Who knows.



Family Reunion: Patricia Heaton, Phil Rosenthal and Ray Romano- Isn't it nice seeing them together again. Ray took a break from counting his money and playing video games to help the cause. I don't see Heaton's new cast mate Kelsey Grammer anywhere though and I'll be a monkey's uncle if I see him up there toting a sign...





Patrick Dempsey and James Pickens from Grey's Anatomy- We all can tell who's in the picture, right? Patrick Dempsey and James Pickens. Pickens also played Zack on Another World too and played an avuncular role in Brandon Walsh's upbringing. In short, he's been in the business awhile--but according to AP, they don't even know his name, below is their caption of this shot....

(ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy' cast members Patrick Dempsey, left, and Richard Webber join Writers Guild of America picket line at Prospect Studios in support of fellow TV and film writers on strike in Los Angeles, Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2007. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)

Nice...




Izzy and George fell by to help strike too. Hopefully they were filming they were filming (hopefully the breakup scene) and aren't wearing these scrubs as civilian clothes.

Part 2: That's a leisurely stroll those two have. Quit gabbing and looking simple, shake it up and start striking!

No comments: