Monday, July 23, 2007

Drew Carey: The New Host of the Price is Right

This is a day that will live in infamy. Although I'm no fan of Bob Barker, I was left so stunned by the news of the Drew Carey Show being the host--I hurled. Carey seems to be a reasonable person. Doesn't he know about the Price is Right curse? Surely Barker's sadly truncated run of 35 years should have been a cautionary tale. Being the greedy gus he is, Drew through caution to the wind and sign on the dotted line. He also signed his life away. Hoo hah hah hah...

Reasons Drew Carey Shouldn't Do It...

Too Young: At 49, he's roughly 50 years younger than when Barker became host in 1829. You'll never have the sage experience of a Bob Barker, someone who called the electricity "a passing fad."

No Lawsuits: Despite his grandfatherly appearance, Barker has been no stranger to the court system. Most notably former Barker Beauties Dian Parkinson and Holly Hallstrom attempted to give Bob the justice he deserves. He so far has alluded justice.

Carey's Career Will Grind To A Halt: You see what happened with Barker. His career as a song and dance man was sacrificed for his time on the Price as Right. With Carey locked away on that set of horrors, he'll know doubt become an even bigger creep than the man he replaced.

There's just no words...








In related news, Ian Ziering was in the running to be host and just missed...

4 comments:

Shawn said...

I didn't see that one coming. I think he'll pull it off.

Unknown said...

I think so too Shawn. I'm just glad I can take a break from Bob Barker :)

Anonymous said...

I think that drew carey will step down and have another person do it right.

Unknown said...

I hope so...