Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Montreal Expos and Lyon's Den: Class Acts






Although some were secretly hoping this blog would end, you know--disappear into a mess of non updated pages and dead links, think again. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't riding high, but these two entities turned me back around. They totally gave me my second wind, and I'm so very thankful.


The Montreal Expos- A great bunch of guys all around Some doubters have told me that they're no way they'd might it into the World Series this year. I think they're all wrong. In fact I think we're ready to see a true baseball comeback that will have the Expos be the world series champs of '06. Can you stand it?! Keep this under your hat, please: Quite a few of the "star" players and coaches have left messages wishing me and my blog well. That's just Jake. Go Expos!

Lyon's Den- Great folks. Thanks to the Has Been/Never Was Writer's Association, I got my wish granted. My wish? To go see a taping of Lyon's Den. I was not let down. Lyon's Den is serious, hard-hitting stuff plus that spark of wit we've come to expect from Quinn Martin. Rob Lowe, the name rhymes with goodness. The show is totally cancelled, but those brave kids are still making episodes as we speak. That's dediction with a capital F. I've got to give a special shout out to my Lyon's Den crew, "I'll holla!"

No comments: