Friday, April 03, 2015

The Meredith Vieira Show and NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt.


Oh hi. I put 1,000 topics in a magic hat and this is what I decided to talk about.


The Meredith Vieira Show- According to my street team, this show might be in Big Trouble. Reportedly this program is 12th among all syndicated programs. That's not good because syndicated TV is pretty much crap all over. Anyway, this program is in the midst of retooling, restructuring, all of the "re" words.

The Problem: I have no problems with Meredith Vieira, she's smart, she's funny and is interesting. The issue? People just want to watch. In response to that, The Meredith Vieira Show has been changing before your very eyes. In the last few weeks, it's gotten a bit more serious in tone and the show has been sneaking on a panel of ladies to chit-chat about stuff as Meredith is the "moderator." Gulp!? That's familiar.

Update: Oh lordy. I just watched the show and it's become sad. All of the joie de vivre has left Meredith's countenance and if I'm not mistaken, she's looking a little irate/tired. I don't ask for much, I like to watch a happy Meredith Vieira and to hear her talking about her behind!

Update Part 2: They stopped playing The Meredith Vierira show at 2AM in my area and now it's Access Hollywood Live. Kill me now!


Grade ***




NBC Nightly News- Do you believe I've tried to post this part at least 5 times....I'm not stopping, I'm going to talk about my running buddy Lester Holt! As we've seen Holt has replaced Brian Williams in the big chair at NBC Nightly News. Matter of fact, the show is now entitled The NBC Nightly News with Garrick Utley Lester Holt. I enjoy the show. I don't think there's been a black anchor (Holt is biracial) since Max Robinson's tour of duty at ABC News back in the late '70s, early '80s--and that was a mess. Don't look for Holt to have a Max Robinson like meltdown, Holt is a natural head, he gets high talking about pop culture minutiae and playing his bass "goodtar." He's a great man and hasn't killed anyone in a long, long time.

Grade **** Given an extra star for not having Brian Williams's penchant for essaying about the most boring parts of Americana.












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Lester, he seems like a cool guy and hopes he gets promoted permanently on to replace Brian.

Unknown said...

I hope so too but I fear that a lot of people don't want him to take over for Brian Williams. I see David Muir's getting an aggressive campaign, Lester really isn't--and he's doing great work.

Anonymous said...

That is so true, Nightly News is being hurt by the Brian Williams scandal and their indecision on who should get the helm is hurting their ratings.

David Muir is capitalizing on the Williams scandal by making himself look more trustworthy. An aggressive campaign indeed.

At the moment Lester is still a fill in, and not being promoted.

I hope by the fall of 2015 we will see NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt.

Unknown said...

Yep. The indecision's not helping. I saw Brian Williams doing some damage control walking with his wife, daughter and her dog (eye rolls.) I think he's going to start a rehabilitation tour. He probably lies to his dog too...

Lester's just there. I don't think NBC is doing any promos with him...

On the other hand, David Muir is depicted as a globe-trotting newsman, the whole thing is wretch worthy, he's really not that good.

I hope we see NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt too, he's a great newsman.

Anonymous said...

I don't get a real newsman aura from David Muir, he does not remind me of those service news anchors like Cronkite, David Brinkley, and Edward Murrow. He seems to be a prima donna, a man focused on his image and career.

Lester reminds me of those real service newsman who believe that the First Amendment is there to protect the estate of America. That the news is more then just a platform to be popular and flirt with celebs but to inform the public.

NBC let the kids like Lauer, Williams, Roker, and Guthrie run the playground for to long.

If NBC really brings Williams back to the chair, then it is time for Lester to jump ship and go to a competitor network. NBC will look worse going for the liar then the classy Lester Holt.

The only way NBC will learn their lesson is if they lose the gem they have in Lester Holt. I bet you that other networks will pay a huge sum of money just to get Lester Holt.

Unknown said...

vejam o trabalho desse cara aki https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wy38Msxte6rkQXZbt7MZQ?view_as=subscriber