Saturday, May 14, 2005

Pop Culture Idiot's Mission: Find Eivets Rednow


Where's Eivets!? Posted by Hello


Now this was a talented young man and pardon my French, I don't think he ever got his due. Eivets released an album for Gordy in 1967. A pleasant album, the kind of album you could play for the whole family. In fact, I'd go so far to say that this is the best Eivets Rednow album you're likely to hear. Ok, it's the only one you're likely to hear.


On this album Eivets--E for short--did top notch cover versions of "Alfie," "A House is Not a Home" plus the rousing and poignant, "More Than A Dream." But alas it was not enough. Given the changing musical scene, Rednow was never heard from again. He was dropped Gordy Records due to sales described as "sluggish."This is where I come in. I'm looking to find Eivets Rednow. He hasn't been heard from since this release and like a lot of others, I'm worried. So If you know about Rednow's whereabouts, you certainly can drop a line at the Pop Culture Idiot, we'll be glad to take your message...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi...
I know I'm a lot late, but Eivets Rednow is Stevie Wonder spelled backwards. Stevie released this jazz album under a semi-pseudonym in order to not detract from his pop-soul career and yet be taken seriously.

Unknown said...

Hey A Fan. you know, I just found out the Stevie Wonder part--even though I'm not convinced, I've got to do more research ;)

I had no idea that's why the name was changed, that's very interesting. It's a very good album too. A few of the tracks ended up on a great anthology, "Looking Back." I'm still waiting for Eivets anthology too...