Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pop Culture Idiot Presents A Real Idiot: Jason Elias

The stats are in, the votes are counted. I can offically proclaim myself, an idiot. I'm petty and I don't forgive a ton of stuff. I don't feel too bad about that, but I still feel crappy over these things that, well didn't turn out like I expected--at all...


Ken Rudin Answers The Question of a Fool

That's Ken Rudin from the Washington Post. He was kind enough to answer my query in late 2000 shortly before the presidental election. This is still on the internet nearly five years later. Who knows why, here it is as follows:

Question: Has a presidential candidate ever won both California and New York yet lost the election? – Jason Elias

Answer: "No, and Al Gore should win both states on Tuesday. But that’s the easy part. The problem for us political wags is that there are still a sizable number of states that could go either way, a remarkable situation this late in the game. Yet, as a campaign observer who is paid huge sums to write about this stuff, it’s time to make a stand.

My conclusion is that Gore will win a razor-thin Electoral College majority: 279 to 259. But if Bush can carry any of these states thought to be up for grabs – Florida, Michigan or Pennsylvania – then he’s the next president. It’s that close..."

For real? Well you know the rest and this weird, wacky "glitch" happened again in 2004--still not tickle about it. Damn it!

Can You See This Now Rich Garcia?

I swear I've never gotten over this. It was 1996 and this poignant scene was taken from Game 1 of the ALCS between the Orioles and the Yankees. This was a ninth inning play, the Orioles were leading 4-3, this jerky kid clearly was over the wall. What else? This tied the game and later Bernie Williams hit a homer to put it away for the Yankees. Of course there's a moustache twirling villian in this, its Rich Garcia. Well known as George Steinbrenner ass kiss boy, Garcia didn't rule this as fan interference. Later Garcia said it should have been ruled as fan interference. No shit, Sherlock. Long story short, this caused the Yankees dynasty to start cracking again while this set of Orioles never recovered. Derek Jeter was the dude who hit the fly ball. He got a chance to date Mariah Carey. Baltimore ace Mike Mussina later went to the Yankees. Tony Tarasco later played for the Yankees. The Orioles acquired Albert Belle so he wouldn't go to the Yankees. No! It's too much...

Here's the tragedy in Garcia's own words. Check this out...

There's Rich Garcia In Action. Let's hope he didn't blow this call, hoo hah hah hah...










Q Tip's Amplified is Hot! Hello...Hello?


Here's another snapshot of my foolitude. In 1999 I was gearing up for Q-Tip's "Amplified." This was long before my has-been days, this is the era when my career actually had legs. Anyways, I heard Q-Tip was doing a solo CD and I had to review it. Arista (good people in this regard) all but dropped the CD on top of my house 20 minutes after I called. Anyway, I played it, and loved it--still do. I think I'm the only one.

For some reason, haters of glossy videos, booty, self-involved and horny rappers decided to take Q-Tip to task--of all people. Haven't they ever heard a Tribe Called Quest CD? Apparently legions of jerks turned on the waterworks over the fact that Q-Tip wasn't the neutered "edutainer" they thought he was. Damn shame, I still say it's a great CD. And it remains me of this...



I thought this had a chance to be a big hit, kind of wrong about that one...

No comments: